Monday 7 October 2013

Dark Duet Series - C J Roberts

Captive in the Dark

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him. (Blurb from www.goodreads.com)

This series is one of my favourite EVER ! C J Roberts is genius. To take such a taboo issue, and turn it around on us, so unexpectedly. Ok, so I guess we all kinda saw it coming, but none of us knew when or where it was going to happen, or even how, and BAM!! Before we knew it. Even we were in love with the dastardly Caleb. How!? He's no nice, playboy, in a mansion, with millions, that can walk through the city. Click his fingers, and the world is his. Oh no, quite the opposite. He's wanted for trafficking and murder in most countries. He's violent and loses his temper, he expects things his way or expect punishment, and this isn't some wimpy BDSM punishment. Yet here we are, all of us, falling over ourselves, because of this sandy haired, God of a man, and his Kitten.  C J, I bow down to you and your literary accomplishments !


Seduced in the Dark

BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET
The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote:
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie. (Blurb from www.goodreads.com)



Oh wow, she's done it again. I bought this book, within an hr of finishing ty first one. It just had to be done, and I've 'liked'  C J Roberts' page on www.goodreads.com and www.facebook.com just so I don't miss the much anticipated third instalment. Can you tell, I'm slightly excited ! 
Caleb takes Kitten to do the original plan, but it's all because she wants to do it. This is her standing up for her man, and then, being handed over to the USA government by Caleb. As he leaves her there, what does she do, hands in her man ? He obviously doesn't love her, he just used her like trash and gave her back, or cover for him and get on with life....



Epilogue 


BOOK 3 OF THE DARK DUET
(The final version should have 15 Chapters + an epilogue)

I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.

Who am I?

Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.

She loves me. It’s quite sick, isn’t it?

Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss 

for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own.

You’re reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again.

It didn’t happen exactly as Livvie said. She’s been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more…complicated. (Www.goodreads.com)


The highly anticipated 3rd book. The story, as seen through the eyes of Caleb. Wow. Yum, and even more wow! I can't really say anything about this book. There's nothing to be said. The books before it are truly amazing. This book is Fantabulous! !  C J Roberts has tantalised us with Kitten and Caleb through their meeting, growing and eventual love. Now how does Caleb see how it all happened. Was  he her knight in shining armour? Or was he just a monster in disguise that got lucky and someone that accepted his 'sims', as Prince  Pain likes to say about me. 
To add to my now growing signed book collection, I have now ordered my set of Dark Duet books, signed. I'm a happy Princess Pain ! 

Well done Miss C J Roberts, Well Done. Please Keep us in this sort of a state again. I for one, LOVE IT! Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, loved the books and loved your review...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can tell, I totally agree. :) ty you for the compliment also. Xx

    ReplyDelete